Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Krakow

I just finished uploading my pictures from Krakow. The link's the same (I'll put it in all these posts anyways).

http://vinceineurope.shutterfly.com/action/

Here's the narrative:

On Easter Sunday, I celebrated Easter (and the onset of break) with my roommate Jordan and our friend Rebecca with a massive Full Irish Breakfast (cooked by Jordan), a festival held by a local microbrewery, and a string quartet concert at the Cork School of Music. The next morning, Rebecca and I boarded a plane for Prague. We actually spent a full day in Prague, before taking a sleeper train that night to Krakow (I'll put those Prague pictures up with the rest of the ones from that city). The next morning, after a rather uncomfortable trip where we slept underneath a large snoring Polish man, we arrived unscathed in Krakow, took a quick nap, the went to the Royal Castle , Grand Square, and a couple churches. The next day, we spent some time in the mall (capitalism is alive and well in the East), then spent the day at Auschwitz (no pictures of that). The next day, we explored the Jewish quarter with a girl from our hostel, checked out a couple museums and churches, and caught another night train back to Prague. This one was even more awkward, as we shared the couchette car with three Russians, but again, we made it back with no problems.

No comments: